Can't get DISM restore health to work ??

Reaction score
Still can't get DISM restore health to work ??

Been trying for weeks to get the DISM to work ...here's my latest discovery:

I am running : Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Hopefully this command line is correct...but my mounted new current image of the iso file is mounted on my H: hhd...However when I go to the mounted directory to verify the mount location...Explorer is showing the mounted image as on my DVD drive "N" ....

1) is my dism command correct above...and
2) why does the mounted image point to the dvd N) instead of the iso file location HDD (H) ?

Is this why I'm am repeatedly getting wim file (source) not found ?

Is this normal ?

Thanks all....

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi TiminAz,

Welcome to the Forum.

Two things to verify:
  • First ensure you are running this command from an elevated command prompt.
    • Right-click on Start
    • Left-click on Command Prompt (Admin)
    • When the User Account Control alert appears click Yes
    • This should now open the Administrator: Command Prompt (Elevated command prompt)

Untitled.png

• Second, verify the Directory your mounted iso is assigned. In your initial post you mentioned the iso image is on your H drive but is mounted to DVD ( N: ) That means the Directory is N:

Thus your command line (assuming the mounted image contains Install.wim) ought to read:

Code:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:N:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Sample image

Untitled2.png

Note: Some iso images contain Install.esd instead of Install.wim in which case your command line ought to read as follows:

Code:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:N:\Sources\Install.esd:1 /LimitAccess

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question