SOLVED My Dual Monitor Setup Has Gone Bookers

Reaction score
I have used my system with dual monitors for several years. My main monitor is hooked to my pc through the standard VGA port and always as been identified as Display 1 and the secondary monitor is hooked through a USB port connecting a USB Video type card and identified as Display 2. All applications opened to my main Display (Display 1). I would just drag an application to the second display (Display 2) if I wanted to display side-by-side applications. Worked fine.

Later upgraded to Windows 10 and all worked fine and worked the same as above. This morning, my main display shows only my extended display (no icons). All icons now display appear on the second display. When I launch an application, it opens on my second display.

Right clicking on either display and clicking on Identify shows the displays to be reversed today and I cannot change the USB display to be my Secondary display. Identify always identifies it as Display 1, although I can change which display is my main display (this places all my icons on the monitor, for instance, connected to the VGA port of my computer and now identified as Display 2.) This leaves me even more confused because selecting Display Settings, etc. now opens on what is now Display 2 while launch like WORD, WORDsearch, Excel, etc., open on Display 1.

What's going on? I can't even figure out how to do a system restore to yesterday when everything seemed to be working ok.

Michael.

Reaction score
I have used my system with dual monitors for several years. My main monitor is hooked to my pc through the standard VGA port and always as been identified as Display 1 and the secondary monitor is hooked through a USB port connecting a USB Video type card and identified as Display 2. All applications opened to my main Display (Display 1). I would just drag an application to the second display (Display 2) if I wanted to display side-by-side applications. Worked fine.

Later upgraded to Windows 10 and all worked fine and worked the same as above. This morning, my main display shows only my extended display (no icons). All icons now display appear on the second display. When I launch an application, it opens on my second display.

Right clicking on either display and clicking on Identify shows the displays to be reversed today and I cannot change the USB display to be my Secondary display. Identify always identifies it as Display 1, although I can change which display is my main display (this places all my icons on the monitor, for instance, connected to the VGA port of my computer and now identified as Display 2.) This leaves me even more confused because selecting Display Settings, etc. now opens on what is now Display 2 while launch like WORD, WORDsearch, Excel, etc., open on Display 1.

What's going on? I can't even figure out how to do a system restore to yesterday when everything seemed to be working ok.

Michael.

Have now idea what was going on but a restore to two days ago made everything work like it had been.

Michael

Ask a Question