SOLVED Connecting remotely to PC with dual monitors

Reaction score
Help! I used to be able to remote login to my work pc with dual monitors from home and able to see everything in one monitor from home. Today, I can't see my regular desktop when I remotely login to my dual-monitor PC at work. It keeps showing the blue screen and I try all sorts of shortcuts like alt+tab but I am still unable to switch and view my regular desktop at work. All I remember doing differently was re-attaching the vga cable/adapter (whatever you call it lol)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Can we assume that you are using the native "Remote Desktop Connection" utility?
IF so have you made sure to edit the properties of that connection to "Use all monitors for the remote session"?
OR
Are you using another utility to perform the remote connection?

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I see that the latest Insider build has fixed this....if this is the problem
"
  • We fixed an issue where all windows on a PC using multiple monitors would move to the primary monitor after remoting into the machine from a single monitor remote desktop session.
"

Reaction score
I see that the latest Insider build has fixed this....if this is the problem
"
  • We fixed an issue where all windows on a PC using multiple monitors would move to the primary monitor after remoting into the machine from a single monitor remote desktop session.
"

Thanks to those that answered! And yes, this could be it, because I didn't do anything and it was OK now. THank you!

Ask a Question