New tablet needed...

Reaction score
for years I have used my LG 10" Tablet V700. Its getting some age now and the screen is not working right anymore. Since LG has seized to make any mobile devices, I am in a bit of a pickle. I need a new one but do not want to brake the bank with it either. So far I have only found iPads, the Samsung Galaxy and the Surface from Microsoft. I can rule out Samsung cause they are the worst but I am not a fan of Apple either (never had an Apple device).
The surface wouldn't be a bad choice, however some apps I am using will not work on that (especially my surveillance app).
The tablet should have enough onboard storage (64GB will be fine) but should be extendable. It does not need mobile connections other than Wifi.
I am asking for advice and/or recommendations, please.

Reaction score
Is your surveillance app available on the google play store? You could look into Amazon Fire tabs. You would immediately need to ”hack” it with Fire Toolbox, even before you register it with an Amazon account, to install the play store
I just did it with a 7” tablet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have tried the 10" Fire HD tablet. The App in the store does not work. That is one of the reasons I had to send it back also the Fire HD is not a full Android. If one has to hack a tablet to get it to work, it's not worth it to me despite the price I got.

Reaction score
I get it, but just for accuracy my term for hack is nothing more than installing developer tools. Good luck with your search. When I was looking, didn’t find much out there.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's probably going to come down to budget and needs.
Lenovo makes an array of tablets that will pretty much fit any of those, but...
IF I were in the market now for a pretty nice tablet this would be my choice

Based on the price point versus specs.

Reaction score
I thought about the Lenovo but the reviews on independent sites state that there are a lot of screen glitches and freezes as well as slow responses. This is why I was hesitating to get one although it really fits my budget.

@yodap : I understood what you meant.

the search goes on....

Ask a Question