New windows 10 wont activate on new machine

Reaction score
Hi
Just built a PC -all brand new components never used before, bought a brand new copy of Windows 10 home (all from ebuyer so should be genuine!)
Fired it up loaded windows 10 ok - no product key came with the packaging from ebuyer etc- but in settings its telling me windows wont activate and giving me error code 0X803F7001 -telling be to go to Microsoft store and buy a genuine copy of windows 10!
Really not sure what to do or what the problem is? any help advice greatly welcome ...12 yr old son getting a bit despondent! as it was his project and his pocket money he had saved up to build the PC!
Cheers

Regedit32

Reaction score
Did the DVD come with a Certificate of Authenticity (COA)?

If it did the product key will be on that.

Alternately, the place you purchased it from may have emailed you a product key.

I'm assume if you built the pc yourself, then there is no sticker on the box with the key.

By the at is the computer currently online -- Windows activates automatically, so if there is no connection then yes it will not be activated yet.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Just took a look at ebuyer website, and they describe a COA with a scratchy that has product key beneath.

Scratch carefully!

If you were not supplied one, then you'd best call ebuyer and ask for one.

Ask a Question