SOLVED Noisy Fan after reinstall

Reaction score
I had a shut down problem so microsoft reinstalled win 10 for me then reinstalled the april update, after the win 10 install my CPU fan became noisy eventually I went into the control panel/security and maintenance/maintenance/auto maintain computer and the noisy fan has dissappeared I have just posted this to help anyone with the same issue. Cheers.

Reaction score
and what did you do in "auto maintain computer"? clicked on something,changed something??

Reaction score
I just clicked it and ran the auto fix I don't know what it fixed it did ask me if I wanted to fix a problem but I wasn't paying attention and just went ahead and no more noisy fan for me. I thought my fan was stuffed now I have a spare fan. I was surprised that the noise has gone now.

Reaction score
Noisy fans can be cleaned with compressed air. Make sure you block it from rotating otherwise you will have a dynamo. If it is still noisy you might have gear damage which can be fixed with a drop of thick oil...
Worked for me....

Reaction score
Noise came back again so I opened puter and found a broken CPU Fan tie down hook imagine my dispair no computer till I got it fixed so went to puter shop and they had one on a broken MB and gave it to me bit different but still fitted, fired up the computer again and there was the fan noise again but it wasn't a fan it was a HDD I have had it stored since 2015 and recently put it in I am thinking it either needs some running or some info on the drive so I am putting some files on it and see how it fires up tomorrow

Ask a Question