Noisy Fan after reinstall

SOLVED Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bill Shannon, May 29, 2018.

1. Bill Shannon

Bill Shannon

I had a shut down problem so microsoft reinstalled win 10 for me then reinstalled the april update, after the win 10 install my CPU fan became noisy eventually I went into the control panel/security and maintenance/maintenance/auto maintain computer and the noisy fan has dissappeared I have just posted this to help anyone with the same issue. Cheers.

Bill Shannon, May 29, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Bill Shannon

Grizzly

and what did you do in "auto maintain computer"? clicked on something,changed something??

Grizzly, May 29, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Bill Shannon

Bill Shannon

I just clicked it and ran the auto fix I don't know what it fixed it did ask me if I wanted to fix a problem but I wasn't paying attention and just went ahead and no more noisy fan for me. I thought my fan was stuffed now I have a spare fan. I was surprised that the noise has gone now.

Bill Shannon, May 29, 2018
  4. Bill Shannon

Grizzly

Noisy fans can be cleaned with compressed air. Make sure you block it from rotating otherwise you will have a dynamo. If it is still noisy you might have gear damage which can be fixed with a drop of thick oil...
    Worked for me....

Grizzly, May 30, 2018
  5. Bill Shannon

Bill Shannon

NO i was just informing the public that it is a win 10 software issue...

Bill Shannon, May 30, 2018
  6. Bill Shannon

Bill Shannon

Noise came back again so I opened puter and found a broken CPU Fan tie down hook imagine my dispair no computer till I got it fixed so went to puter shop and they had one on a broken MB and gave it to me bit different but still fitted, fired up the computer again and there was the fan noise again but it wasn't a fan it was a HDD I have had it stored since 2015 and recently put it in I am thinking it either needs some running or some info on the drive so I am putting some files on it and see how it fires up tomorrow

Bill Shannon, Jun 1, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question