CPU cooling fan

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Just asking if any one else is having a issue. Appears at times different things happens after a up date. Ever since the last one my cool fan is louder or runs faster more when I am going too or using the internet.
I ask Cortana one article I found said Cortana could be the issue or problem itself. In that article it says to disable Cortana which I do not know how to nor do I want too , I like how it helps me.
Any ideals on this problem / issue ? Any thing can I do to quite the fan? I tried using compressed air to blow out any dust did not see any.

Reaction score
The CPU provides a temperature signal to the O/S. The O/S can control a multispeed CPU fan if one is there and multispeed chassis fans if the MOBO has the connectors. My oldish MOBO only has 3 pin fan connectors. IIRC if the fan has a 4 wire plug with all the wires connected then it is multispeed.

For the cpu fan then blowing out dust is good. For the case fans, there are quiete ones available.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Asked help and one person from Microsoft suggested to turn off all services and restart computer. I let services restart waited till some did restart.
Then I restarted the rest that had not all at once then I restarted the sound has quieted down greatly. They suggested to shutdown two if thing change for now things are good . One Services is SuperFetch and the other is a back ground service. Intelligent transfer but hold off on these for a while

Ask a Question