Older drivers on win10.

Reaction score
Hi All
I use my pc to program flybarless units for my model helicopters. For this I need to download both software and drivers.
Up till now, on Win7 I have had no issues, but I have upgraded to Win10 and now can't get my pc to recognise the necessary drivers.
I understand that the drivers are the responsibility of the chip manufacturers, in this case Prolific, but I need older issue of drivers, which they no longer support.
I have seen a couple of workarounds for this, but neither work in my case.
Latest one, I managed to install the drivers ok, but the pc would still not recognise them, giving me error code 31, whatever that may be.
I am not computer literate, so if anyone has any ideas, preferably in simple terms I would be glad to hear them.
BTW, the driver I need is Prolific 3.3.2.102, issued on 24/9/2008.
Thanks
Jeff

Reaction score
Did you try to install the drivers in compatibility mode for W7?

Maybe your answer is a second hand PC that is still running W7. $250 should do it.

Reaction score
Have to agree with Tim. Why let MS spoil your hobby. I would go with a used PC running Win 7 and just use it as a standalone PC for programming your models.

Reaction score
Jeff I assume you have a copy of these old drivers, considering the date on them you might even need to run them in Vista compatibility mode.

What do they do anyway...the Prolific site was not very good.

What is it about the newest drivers ( version 3.8...) that does not work...may be a way around that.

Ask a Question