SOLVED Downloads folder wiped

Reaction score
it seems some kind of unknown entity wiped clean my downloads folder's contents. it happened 2 times already. the first time, i had to painstakingly replace the programs i saved put back in the folder, that was 3 weeks ago. and now, just tonight, after waking pc from sleep, the folder was once again wiped clean...nothing in recycle bin either. so i ran recuva and was able to restore the deleted pgms. -now i cant trust what i put in the download folder, so i copied each program saved there onto my external drive just in case.

why? what? how? could the contents be deleted? i dont have a clue here. the only clue could be something to do with my disk cleaner, wisecare365...other than that its really a mystery.

the folder's contents in real time

A

Advertising

Reaction score
Is it possible that the automatic feature has been enabled?

Settings - System. Scroll down on the left to storage and open it. Make sure the "Storage Sense" is OFF

A

Advertising

Reaction score
its odd..storage sense is off. even the section where it might delete download folder content is also disabled. i need to resolve this...ive already copied some stuff saved from download folder which obviously doesnt do much good. i copy and paste the items in the folder, and in several hours, poof, gone. this is first time happened!

Reaction score
I'd create a new downloads folder elsewhere and put your files in that until you can rectify the issue. I did that after people reporting their library folders being removed during the 1809 upgrade. I even create a link to it in the real downloads folder.

Reaction score
Hullo there bigfeet. Yep, i was able to find out about that. Since i cant rely on the actual downloads folder to keep anything i save into it, i created temp folder on desktop..im certain that would do the trick. For now i will observe that desktop folder for a bit to see if the contents are still intact...and then i will mark this as solved.
Cheers

Reaction score
wheres the edit function...i wanted to add to post there to say the contents of downloads folder on desktop is still intact!. so for now, resolved. i wanna thank for the help to this issue because when i was on another win10 support forum, i had zero replies, despite having 250 views LMAOoooo

A

Advertising

Ask a Question