OneNote Won't Find EverNote enex Files ANYWHERE

Reaction score
Hello Friends,

First I tried OneNote for Web and latest vers. of Evernote Desktop and OneNote Importer. It said I should see the Importer tool automatically see my Evernote files, but it didn't. So, I exported each (about 12) Notebook to an enex file to a local folder on my D:\ drive. Then, after establishing that I could see that exported file, I ran the import tool for that Notebook as directed. It said everything went smoothly. But when I clicked to Open/See the file, or new Notebook I never could find it ANYWHERE on my entire PC, except for the D:/. So, I downloaded OneNote Desktop for Win10, and the same thing happened. I read the Importer tool help file....NO HELP. I watched 2-3 YT video tutorials, but I never saw why the Importer tool never could automatically see the Evernote Notebooks at the bootup of the tool, OR I never could find the IMported enex files.
Let me know if I left anything out, but I think that's pretty much all the details.

Reaction score
Don't know if it makes any difference but there's 2 versions of OneNote, one comes with Win10 and the other comes with Microsoft Office. I have OneNote 2013 for Office and OneNote for Windows

Reaction score
Thanks Bighorn. No. The instructions on the OneNote Importer was clear. You can use either ON 2016 that comes with 365, or Win10 Standalone, or the web version, which is what I started with. It just didn't work with either the web or standalone. I read the instructions multiple, multiple times.

Reaction score
My issue still hasn't been resolved. I certainly appreciate Bighorn's help, but I really wish I could get this resolved.

Ask a Question