Opening alternatives

Reaction score
Whenever I have ms office open to read Access files, it brings the whole system operation to a crawl.
so I am looking for some opening alternatives..
thanks

Reaction score
I presume that Libre Office Base ( I have never used it) is a good substitute and compatible with Access?

Reaction score
yes it is. Libre office calls Access with a different name though " Base "

2018-01-23_195356.jpg

I have never used the Base part of it though. Only use the Calc, writer, impress part...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Impress == Publisher/Powerpoint depending on how you are using it.

Base ==Access

Any of the applications can use Base just as all of MS Office can use Access.

Reaction score
LibreOffice is a popular alternative to Access. It's completely free and open source. For more Access opening files information see here

Reaction score
LibreOffice is a popular alternative to Access. It's completely free and open source. For more Access opening files information see here
I've found only one issue with LibreOffice and it's not with the program itself. Intuit's QuickBooks can create letters and spreadsheets but only with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, can't be set to work with other programs. Must be some sort of agreement between the 2 companies.

Ask a Question