Notifications disappear when opening action center

Reaction score
When I want to unmount a usb, I want a notification to know it is save to take the usb out.

When I select to unmount, the notification-icon shows there is one new notification. But no popup! And when I open the action center the notification is gone. Action center is always empty. And the notification-icon shows 'no new notifications' again.

In settings > system > notifications
'get notifications from apps and other senders' is 'on'
underneath all apps are selected.

'get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use windows' is 'off'.
when I turn that on, go to another settings page and go back, it is 'off' again. Like it is not saving this setting.
I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but that looks disfunctional to me.

How to make the notifications not disappearing?

Reaction score
When you have a USB drive installed, you can see an icon in the hidden icons on the taskbar. If you select to remove the drive, when it is ready it gives you that popup.

A system process may not be considered an app so perhaps notifications regarding that are given...

My tips and tricks setting does not turn itself off. Possibly there is a group policy set to not allow that setting.

Reaction score
(2 months later)

WORKING (but not solved...)

It just started working again today. Yesterday it was not.
Probably some windows update that either fixed it, or simply overwrote my (possibly faulty) configuration. (as Windows update often just overwrite the users configuration)

Just one of those things that we'll never know what was wrong, but magically started working again. I want more of that in my life. :D

Ask a Question