Individual notifications for Facebook Messenge app not showing in Action Centre

Reaction score
I installed the Facebook Messenger app a few days ago and notifications used to show up fine, but I noticed a few days ago that the banner in Action Centre now only shows the latest message in a conversation with a person, whereas there used to be a new notification banner for each message received if there were multiple messages in a conversation.

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if there is any way to fix this? I'd like to be able to view all of my messages in individual banners in the action centre, instead of just the latest message.

I've turned on all the notifications in the Notification and Action settings. This problem doesn't seem to exist for any other apps, such as email.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Go to Settings then Display and notifications
Then Scroll down to Notifications and Actions
Scroll down to Messenger and make sure that it is set to on
Once done you should see each one appear on their own

Reaction score
I've already set everything in Messenger to "on", and it's got "Top priority" in the Action Centre. Number of notifications visible is set to 20.

I've noticed a banner underneath saying telling me "Messenger only shows the 20 most recent notifications. Click to see notifications" and when I click it it just opens the Messenger app.

Ask a Question