Notifications in Action Center

Reaction score
I use windows 10, and Outlook 2016. I was getting notifications in the Action center, but for some reason they have stopped, (i have changed nothing on my pc) I have checked the setting/system/notification and Outlook appears on the list and is turned on. I have also checked the settings for the mail application and have found that notifications are turned on.
Yesterday I spent 45minutes online chat with 3 different Microsoft techs to finally be no closer to a solution

I am hopeful it is only a basic fix,,, but I have tried all the things I know,,, Any help Please
Roxane

Reaction score
Have you checked that the service is running:

Right click the start and, in "run" type services.msc. Scroll down to "security Centre" and make sure it is running.
I read on the Microsoft forums, that several have had thius problem which, in most cases, clear themselves.
But two suggestions which seemed to do the trick:
1. Force an update or,
2. Update your office package.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You have checked in the settings - system - notifications and actions- to make sure they are ticked? I have known updates to change settings without my permission.

Reaction score
thank you davehc, I have rechecked the notifications and action area, no changes, I also followed your instructions to go to security centre, It does say it is Running, and startup type says Automatic (delayed start). there are no updates I can do, says everything up to date.....????....thanks and please don't give up on me yet lolololol

Reaction score
For the moment - just wait. If nothing changes in the next couple of days post back.
However, At this time I am playing with LIbreoffice (a great Office suite, with less fuss than MS Office), and Windows Mail, so cannot experiment. So, possibly, a forum member using those programs can direct you to a customizing option.

Reaction score
Hi again davehc, nothing has changed, no other replies,,, I was advised to set up a new profile, see if that helps,, but I guess I would have to fix all my personal stuff again. what a pain.. I am hoping for any other solutions... cheers, roxane

Reaction score
Ok. Perhaps a member who is using MS Outlook 2016, can advise on a further item to check, but, for me, This us what I have in the settings notifications
1.PNG

and
2.PNG

One thing :
You should see MSOutlook as a choice, in one or both of the pictures I have posted. They do not show in mine as, obviously, I am not at present using the program.

Last edited:

Ask a Question