Other then gamers, does anyone really like W11?

Reaction score
Seems to me all I've read about W11 is it's great for gamers which I am not, so why would I want it?

Reaction score
Well Windows 11 is moving forward with MS. I'm just not willing to do so. They no longer cater to my desires.

• Windows 8 was a slap in the face. I was angered so badly I absolutely refuse to talk about it. Much less work on a machine with it installed.
  • Windows 10 barely conformed and is a constant pain. And getting worse. Occasionally I have to manually restart Explorer.exe because of sluggishness. I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't intentional coding to make people think they need new computers.
  • Windows 11 was another slap in the face. When they intentionally decided not to cater to the mass majority of hardware on the market.
If MS updated Windows 7 with the latest code. I would buy the OS again. But as it stands I am finished with MS. I no longer support their current direction. I'm not willing to pay for software that continues to give me headaches.

Reaction score
I have Win11 on a Notebook from Oct. and a Desktop from April, only issue I've had was the audio/sound device on the Notebook just flat disappeared. Nothing could find, not even Linux Mint or Hiren's Ultimate Boot CD. Got the OEM involved because of the warranty and they replaced the motherboard, no issue since. All the software I need on both machines is working fine, even the built-in games from Win7/8 and a Mahjong game from 2006. Even have old WordPerfect 12, Lotus SmartSuite 9.8 and Office 2000 working.

Both computers came with Win10 Pro with Upgrade to Win11, license included [in the sales ad]. I have other computers that can't properly run Win11, too old but still good with Win10.

Reaction score
Same experience as BigHorn- No problems running windows 11, even on an incompatible laptop.
It appears to perform slightly smoother on all of my dated software.
Only comment I have for those who want to try it - the differences are so marginal, it isn't really worth the effort.

Ask a Question