Outlook 2016 folder pane issue

Reaction score
I recently installed Outlook 2016 on my desktop and I have this strange folder pane under "outlook data file." Although the email from the server is synced, it doesn't show in the favorites folders. What could be causing this? Thank-you.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 620
Reaction score
I see an arrow there. What is under it?
The easiest thing to try first, is:
Open
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
and delete the *.ost file there.
Restart Outlook. It will take a few seconds whilst it rebuilds your profile. See if the message is gone.

Reaction score
The arrow is my mouse, there's nothing under it. Thank-you. I tried that but I still see the same "outlook data file" folder pane there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I meant the arrow/triangle, next to the folder?
Anyway, try this
Right-click the folder, and then click Properties.
Click Clear Offline Items, and then click OK.
On the Outlook 2010 ribbon, click the Send/Receive tab.
Click Update Folder.
I see you are using Gmail. I do not, but I read many are having problems with it in Outlook.
Let the forum know after my suggestion, and a member using Gmail/outlook will probably be able to help

Reaction score
The triangle is a minimize button. I'm using Outlook 2016. I don't see an option to clear the offline items.

Reaction score
I am awaer that it is a minimise button. That is why, my first post
" see an arrow there. What is under it"

If you follow the order as said in my earlier post, after clicking the properties, there should be an item, the last one, to clear offline items.

Capture.PNG

Ask a Question