Where is Outlook 2016 putting my emails (.pst) and other folders?

Reaction score
I've imported my Outlook 2003 .pst into Outlook 2016 running under my clean installation of windows 10 (on a clean HDD) in my user account. I've had a look in a few places suggested by doing a search on Goggle but they don't seem t be located in the obvious places. I've set folder options to show hidden files.
Also do you know where Outlook 16 holds a file and it's name, of email addresses you have used in the past i.e. the ones that come up when you start typing an email address, matching the characters you have typed so far. I want to bring that file across from my old HDD, once I've identified what the folder name is and where I've got to put it.

Reaction score
Your .pst files should be in C:\Users\(your user name)\Documents\Outlook Files.

I wish I had an answer to your other question, but I don't know where the quick-lookup information for your emails is kept.

Reaction score
I've imported my Outlook 2003 .pst into Outlook 2016 running under my clean installation of windows 10 (on a clean HDD) in my user account. I've had a look in a few places suggested by doing a search on Goggle but they don't seem t be located in the obvious places. I've set folder options to show hidden files.
Also do you know where Outlook 16 holds a file and it's name, of email addresses you have used in the past i.e. the ones that come up when you start typing an email address, matching the characters you have typed so far. I want to bring that file across from my old HDD, once I've identified what the folder name is and where I've got to put it.
Thanks, found. I had looked there but discounted it due to file naming differences with Outlook 2003.

Ask a Question