SOLVED Outlook 365 upgrade

Reaction score
I am currently using outlook 2003 for my email and have for many years. It all works satisfactorily and over the years I have added many mail folders and sub-folders with rules for directing the mail into appropriate folders. I have been thinking of upgrading to Office 365 including Outlook and am wondering if all my carefully constructed folders and rules will carry over to the new version. This may have been answered elsewhere. Also, Outlook is the only old Office one I am using. I updated to an Office 2010 a while back but that did not include Outlook. If I upgrade to 365 I will get a version that includes everything. I am using Windows 10 with all the current updates.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wish I could help but I have only used Outlook ( the full thing) behind an Exchange server in a business environment.

Because your Outlook is so old I'd bet it won't just upgrade and work. It would be worth asking Google to see if there any packages that can do this.

Reaction score
This could work?
There is an online version of Office, which includes Outlook. Only requirement ( for me) is to have an MS account and just sign in.
If it establishes you options in Outlok correctly, then it should be no problem moving on to 365

Reaction score
I eventually bit the bullet and upgraded and to answer my own question it does carry though the folders that I had created, and the rules, though I had made certain in my old Outlook that when I created a rule I made sure that I unticked the box saying 'On this computer only'. 365 all seems good so far. A lot to learn about the menus.

Ask a Question