Outlook sending mutiple copies of emails

Reaction score
About 2 or 3 weeks ago, Outlook started to do two things. It displayed "send/receive error" at the bottom of the screen but still provided me with my email. Second, later that day or sometimes days later, it sends me copies of the same emails again. I counted one email I have and it has delivered it to me 7 times. This is more a nuisance than anything else but I wonder if anyone else has experienced this and, if so, knows how to make it stop?

Reaction score
My computer systems analyst expressly set it up as POP rather than IMAP because of other problems I was having with Outlook on this computer. He, too, couldn't figure out why I am getting repeated deliveries. He uses Outlook on his own computer and has Windows 10???

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you are using Outlook and you are downloading your mail from your provider to your local computer and it is being maintained in your local .pst file, then....
You may want to adjust your settings to prevent the mail from being kept on the server. If it is not there, it can't be sent over and over again.

Capture2.JPG

Reaction score
Thank you for that suggestion. However, I do want the mail left on the server as I access it there from 2 other computers.

Reaction score
I;ve had that happen and I have Bright House POP3 and it's cause by Bright House's email server. I have it set not to delete email as I get the same emails on multiple devices. Sometime I do get them twice on the same device but that's rare. Usually once I receive the email on the device it doesn't send the same email but like I said it will send it to the other devices.

My email provider when doing work on the server or upgrading servers saying I could get emails twice.

Ask a Question