Pairs Pixel Buds A-Series but no sound

Reaction score
I have my new Pixel A-Series Buds paired with Bluetooth but no sound comes through them (I know they work because they work fine with my Android phone)...the sound comes through my computer speakers as it would otherwise (oddly enough if I unplug the sound plug for the speakers there is no sound whatsoever from computer itself)...I did an optional update for the Bluetooth driver(s) but nothing changed...what's going on?

OS Build 19044.1526

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-11 082026.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-11 082026.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 45
Reaction score
You need to set your buds as the output device in Settings > System > Sound. Note that you can set specific apps to use specific output (and input) devices on that page as well.

Reaction score
Hi

I set it to that and nothing changed (I also set itunes to use the buds).

Yesterday I walked through it with Lenovo and it worked after I went to System, Settings, Bluetooth, then More Bluetooth Options and ticking "Allow device to be discoverable" but that's still ticked and they don't work (what I find strange is that if I unplug the speaker plug into my laptop there is no sound at all, even from the laptop itself [and it doesn't come back after the replug the external speakers in]).

Attachments

• options.png
    options.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 45

Ask a Question