SOLVED Partition for Windows 10

Reaction score
Good afternoon good people on this forum:
I have Windows 10 now installed on my computer. I still want it gone and I'm wondering if I can reinstall my Windows 7 O/S on a separate partition on my hard drive and run from that partition only. I realize that doing so will cause the Windows Installer to download Windows 10 again. However, I have a list of all the updates that were installed to facilitate the installation of Windows 10. Since my copy of Windows 7 is old, I have to reload all the updates which will give me a chance to eliminate those updates that are causing the problem.
I don't know if this can be done so I'm asking for help from all of you folks that are more computer literate than I.
Regards
Powell Lucas

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 now installed on my computer. I still want it gone and I'm wondering if I can reinstall my Windows 7 O/S on a separate partition on my hard drive and run from that partition only

Why the run around charade ?
Since you apparently have your "old" Win 7 Installation DVD, why don't you just simply re-install Win 7 over the Windows 10 ?
You may have to go to your bios to change the boot order to DVD/CD drive > then insert the DVD > restart the computer > reinstall of Win 7 should begin.

Ask a Question