Password Manager Recomendations please

Reaction score
Details: I am the sole user and administrator of a desktop machine. At present I have about 40 entries on a spreadsheet concerning websites, with details such as passwords, my registered user name and email addresses. The spreadsheet is kept in an encrypted USB. I also keep, for convenience, a paper copy of the spreadsheet. It is that paper copy that concerns me: I get home after an absence and find fresh air where my computer used to be and the spreadsheet paper copy is missing.

I have looked at the reviews of the various PW managers and understand that when faced by a password field in a site, the user enters his/her PW manager password. PW manager then replaces it with the PW for that site.

Also, when a site askes for a PW and PW manager finds none has been set, PW manager will suggest a secure PW which it keeps for future use and will also fill in fields asking for Name, email address and postal address.

Can anyone recommend a suitable (free or low cost) PW manager that would suit me?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Tried LastPass. It started to do things to my present passwords (transferring them to a Vault) but gave no assurance that they would still stay where they are for the moment (on my computer) without being deleted. I have 40 sites and don't want to re-enter all of those!

I tried Sticky Passwords Free but it is the premium version free for 14 days, then about £30. Rather too expensive if annually.

Incidentally, none of these seemed to offer a manual!

Looks like I will stick to my spreadsheet on an encrypted USB drive.

Reaction score
As I said...."Looks like I will stick to my spreadsheet on an encrypted USB drive." I have encrypted a cop[y of the spreadsheet and put a shortcut on the desktop, so all I have to do is open it, enter the PW and get the individual PW I need.

Reaction score
I know, coming in late on this one. Sorry.

I have been using 1Password. Sure like it. Have it loaded on my iPhone and my wife's and our iPad. They all sync to each other through our PC using drop box. There is a version for windows, but I haven't tried it. I find it just as easy to grab them as I need them from my phone rather than having to start up another window app. Usually have enough stuff open... :)

cheers,
allan

Ask a Question