Password To Logon

Reaction score
Hi,
Just brought a new laptop with Windows 10. I chose not to have a password to get onto my computer. However when I downloaded an App I had to do it through the store using my hotmail account. Now every time I turn my computer on I have to put in my hotmail password.

Anyone know how I can stop this. I tried going through security settings but this doesnt seem to work.

thanks

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi thomas18,

Welcome to the forum.

If you type netplwiz in your search box, then when it appears at top of results, right-click and choose Run as administrator. This will open the User Accounts window.

Sample image

ua.png

Simply left-click on the User Name you do not wish to enter password for, then remove check in the box next to Uses must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Now click OK

Another window will pop up which requires you to enter the password, then confirm the password. Do that then click OK and that should be sorted.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
I need help I have windows 10 on my compac pc
I can not get into the password box to log in its black and I have turned it off and even took out the battery
anyone have any suggestions why I can't log in? thanks

Ask a Question