SOLVED Photo viewer

Reaction score
HI I used windows photo viewer in Win7 often as I could easily save a poster as a jpg and print it in A4 or 2 X A5 or 4XA6 size. It was wonderful.
But I have a new PC with Win 10 and I couldn't find it- until I found it comes up if you click on a jpg in the file menu and choose print, then it opens essentially the same dialogue.
However tiff's open directly with ye olde windows photo viewer.

How can I make windows photo viewer the default for most images in windows 10? Because try as I might it doesn't get listed as a program or an app.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This may help

Read the information in the article. It is not intended as a link or source to download and install random and probably unnecessary applications. It seems every website wants to provide something to "fix" the Windows OS. It is intended as a reference and potential guide to assist you with your query.

Reaction score
Thank you for your prompt response. Shortly after posting I found the solution here- https://www.howtogeek.com/225844/ho...ewer-your-default-image-viewer-on-windows-10/ And I attach the files- one ennables Windows photo-viewer to come up as an option to open graphics files, and the other cancels that option. It worked immediately. I dont understand the rationale MS used in not making the option available in the first place, but the fix was painless!

Attachments

• Activate-Windows-Photo-Viewer-on-Windows-10.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 37

Ask a Question