Pink screen with no message

Reaction score
Hello guys, i have a problem with my computer, like 2/3 days ago my desktop image turned pink, no text nothing worked, i stoped my pc from the button, and after that my monitor won't start, i bought a new cable vga, with adaptor to hdmi(i have a rx 550 4gb) after that it worked, today i was playing some games and after some hours of gameing the pink screen come back but now i could restart my pc and my monitor was starting just fine, i restart it and after a 5 minutes and wierd happend a lot of random pixels appeard, i restart it again, installed my gpu driver, then my screen turn orange, what could be the problem i don't know what to do (i have a i5-2500 with a rx 550 4gb and 6 gb ram if this help with something) this error was so random only pink and orange screen no message or something, thanks

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

do you have the latest AMD drivers?. :)

Are you running the latest version of Win 10?. :)

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

do you have the latest AMD drivers?. :)

Are you running the latest version of Win 10?. :)

Hello, all my drivers are up to date

Reaction score
The first question I'd have is what exactly your power supply specs are. AMD says it requires a 400 watt PSU. While it may work with less, it could cause issues like you are experiencing. Personally I wouldn't go with less that a good, name brand 350 watt power supply. While it only requires the 50 watts that the PCIe slot provides, it may require more amps than a lesser power supply provides.

Reaction score
The first question I'd have is what exactly your power supply specs are. AMD says it requires a 400 watt PSU. While it may work with less, it could cause issues like you are experiencing. Personally I wouldn't go with less that a good, name brand 350 watt power supply. While it only requires the 50 watts that the PCIe slot provides, it may require more amps than a lesser power supply provides.
I don't know the brand but on it say "Switching power supply model: ATX 450W P4"

Attachments

• 16153127652585038235662020666852.jpg
    16153127652585038235662020666852.jpg
    901.7 KB · Views: 97
Reaction score
That should be ok. The only other things I can think of is either overheating, which I doubt. Or possibly the video card is failing. But I've also had a bad power supply cause weird issues. That's a tough one. It certainly sounds like it's some kind of hardware issue.

Reaction score
That should be ok. The only other things I can think of is either overheating, which I doubt. Or possibly the video card is failing. But I've also had a bad power supply cause weird issues. That's a tough one. It certainly sounds like it's some kind of hardware issue.
I think is the overheating, when I unplugged my pc the top part of the case was pretty hot and also the power supply, I changed my video card to my old one to if that issue will happen again, I didn't put back one side panel on the case and I see that it doesn't heat that much

Reaction score
You could always download something like msi afterburner and run it in the background. That will monitor the gpu temperature. I like to use HWiNFO64. It monitors temperatures for both the cpu and gpu. It gives a column for the current temperatures, plus columns for lowest and highest temps.

Reaction score
You could always download something like msi afterburner and run it in the background. That will monitor the gpu temperature. I like to use HWiNFO64. It monitors temperatures for both the cpu and gpu. It gives a column for the current temperatures, plus columns for lowest and highest temps.
I was monitoring my gpu temp with the amd driver, the temp was around 70-80°C in game but i have usage spikes, now I'm thinking the error can be from overheating if my gpu was only at 70-80°C? my cpu temp is around 70 in game

Reaction score
Keep us posted please. :)
Ok, so i switch my gpu with my old one and i think the issue is gone, and what i see is that in the top back of my case where my power supply is is not that hot anymore, and i want to ask if this can be a issue from power supply overheating and how i can check the temp (i forgot to mention that when the pink screen happened and i restart my pc it takes some time to start, the loading screen from my mainboard is there but it load hard when the error happen)

Reaction score
This is just a guess on my part, but it seems the rx550 was just pulling more amps than the PSU could provide. Those off brand power supplies can be, and usually are, very bad, and can ruin other hardware. And usually the wattage ratings on them are very overrated. I would say if you plan to use the other card, I would replace power supply with something from a reputable brand (corsair, evga). In looking at your picture, I see another possible issue (which is probably related to the weak power supply). The power supply has a 20 pin power connector to the motherboard, but the motherboard requires a 24 pin connector. While I have one PC that I do this with, it's not recommended, especially if you have hardware that draws a lot of amps (like your video card).

I would recommend replacing the power supply regardless of what video card you use.

Reaction score
I watched on another forum and all people said that psu is rly bad, so i will try to get a good new one but i don't know how to calculate how much W if you can help me with that, and when i get a new one i will poste here if that issue is still there
My pc specs are:
Cpu: i5-2500 3,3 1155
Gpu:rx 550 4gb gddr5
Ram: 6gb ram 1333hz

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

the minimum PSU for the RX 550 is 250W, I would go for at least 500W so you can upgrade more in the future!. :)

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

the minimum PSU for the RX 550 is 250W, I would go for at least 500W so you can upgrade more in the future!. :)

Thank you <3, now i cleaned my psu and a lot of dust come out, now i will try to see if the issue was from overheating, if the issue is still there i will try with another monitor, but i will still buy a new psu because all said that this one is rly bad, i will let you know if i fix something

Ask a Question