Update screen weird simbols suspect?

Reaction score
While doing a microsoft hi update during the restart the please wait don't turn off computer screen it had accent marks and symbols I've never seen this on an update screen before and curious if anybody knows what it is or if it's maybe a virus. Picture is of screen marked are in the word Doan't being ^above the a, € where the apostrophe supposed to be and ™ for the t . Any helpful information greatly appreciated
3506.jpg
3509.jpg

Reaction score
Hi,

it looks to me like you have more than one language pack installed, is that the case?. ;)

Reaction score
Are you running or updating to an insider version of Windows? The background seems green rather than the usual blue which indicates this may be the case. If yes then it may be a bug which should be reported To Microsoft.

Reaction score
Hi,

it looks to me like you have more than one language pack installed, is that the case?. ;)
English is the only one that I know of. I have never tried to load any other as english is the only one I speak. I've had windows on this computer for awhile now and just noticed this the last cumulative update that Windows sent out. Where do I check to see if other languages are loaded on here? Thank you so much for your time and help

Reaction score
Are you running or updating to an insider version of Windows? The background seems green rather than the usual blue which indicates this may be the case. If yes then it may be a bug which should be reported To Microsoft.
Yes it is I'm reporting on it now.

Reaction score
Sounds like @Bastet nailed it but you can check language packs in Settings > Time & Language > Language. :)

1614019499533.png

Ask a Question