Pop-up keeps appearing

Reaction score
I keep getting a random pop-up that appears periodically throughout my work day. I ran 'sfc /scannow' and analysed the log file, but it is difficult to decipher for me. The only conclusion I can arrive at, since the problem only started occurring fairly recently, is that a Windows Update is the culprit. The screenshot I am providing states that, "User Data Access_XXXXX has stopped working." The 'XXXXX,' I believe refers to a memory allocation since it is different quite frequently. The most recent one is: "47c0B," but it has been several others. Does anyone have any theories or advice? I can provide the CBS.log if necessary.

Attachments

• windows_error.png
    windows_error.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 640

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I recently had some peculiar behavior on my spare machine after the most recent round of updates.
I used the oldest system restore point to go back to a point in time prior to the updates.
After the reboot reflected that the system restore had been successful, I checked and sure enough all the previous problems had vanished.
I then created a new custom restore point manually and then manually checked for Windows Updates and let them re-install.
For some reason, this time, they did not have any ill effect on my system, so.....
You might give System Restore a try.

Reaction score
Thank you, Trouble. I will indeed try to restore to a point before the Windows Update in question. I had considered doing that but was a little hesitant since I have installed software and made so many changes since then. I suppose this is my only course of action though, so thanks again for responding.

Reaction score
Update: Dec 9, 2015

Sadly, I had to do a clean install. The system restore did not fix my issue. The cause is still unknown, but the errors ceased after the new install.

Ask a Question