POP3 & Windows 10 mail

Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie

I've done all that - the account works - just can't find any setting to control leaving the mail on the server or removing it from the server once downloaded

POP3 accounts actually download the mail to your computer so there is no need to leave mail on the server

It's a pain for me as a small independent web host as I have to pay for storage space and an email account can run to many gigabytes over time if mail (including attachments) are left on the server

thats why i run very few iMap accounts on my server

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I just went through all the steps to configure one of my email accounts in the Windows 10 "Mail" program as a POP3 account, and.....
There is no where that you can configure the length of time that mail is archived on the mail server.
Perhaps there is something on your server dashboard that will help you configure how mail that has been delivered is handled after the fact.

Reaction score
I gave up on Windows Mail for this very reason. The only way I've found to remove message from the server is to move it to the Trash or Spam folder and even that doesn't always work immediately. Also, on the greyed out problem, make sure to enter and save an account name. Be sure to give it some time, it apparently has to hear from the server before the options become available.

Ben

Ask a Question