Power Light Remains On After Shutdown

Reaction score
when my laptop is shutdown the power light remains on. the only way to turn it off is by holding it down for 5 seconds.

Reaction score
If you are just hitting (tap) the OFF button the PC is going into the sleep mode, Holding down the button for 3-5 seconds turns the laptop OFF completely. That's how my Dell works, however, I shut it down safely by right click on the Windows logo in the task bar and selecting shutdown.

Reaction score
when my laptop is shutdown the power light remains on. the only way to turn it off is by holding it down for 5 seconds.
I think I was unclear in my initial post. I do shut down using the window icon. it appears as if the computer shuts down but the power indicator light remains on. Before I can restart I have to hold down the power button for five seconds which does turn off the power indicator light. The problem began when I upgraded to Windows 10.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The issue could be with your advanced power settings.
Have a look under power button and lid and see how the power button is set.

Capture.PNG

Ask a Question