Power saving for only some monitors?

Reaction score
I have more than one monitor connected. I want to save power. But one screen is used to display security cameras so I want it to stay on. Is there any way (some 3rd party program if necessary) to turn off all but one monitor at the power saving timeout?

Reaction score
if the cameras are monitored by remote viewing, the answer is NO. If possible connect the DVR directly to another input of the monitor and switch to it.

Reaction score
It's not a DVR. It's USB cameras plugged directly into the computer. The computer records them when motion is detected.

Forget the cameras, all I need to do is make the power saving option of turning off monitors only apply to some of the monitors.

Reaction score
Some monitors have a power saving mode in their settings. It can't hurt to look. If one does, use that for your PC and the other for the cameras. I don't know of any software that will let you split power savings between monitors.

Reaction score
How would the monitor know when the computer had been idle? does it check for any pixels changing? That wouldn't work with changing wallpapers, the clock changing etc.

Reaction score
No, I guess even they use Windows power settings to go to sleep. So that probably won't work. I don't really have a good answer for you.

Ask a Question