Restart/Power off background color does not follow Accent color

Reaction score
Hello,

Basically the title. I have a weird issue with Restart/Power Off background color does not follow Accent color in Personalize settings. I personally want it to be Gray color, but it remains in Blue no matter what accent color I choose. I have another PC and do not have this issue.

What I have tried:

1. Boot in Safe mode and Clean boot - same issue.
2. Update to the latest version of Windows (20H0).
3. Reinstall Video card drivers/disable Video Card and make Windows to use generic video driver.

My specs:

Lenovo X220 laptop, Windows 10 x64

Attachments

• Accent color settings.png
    Accent color settings.png
    31 KB · Views: 131
  • Restart.jpg
    Restart.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 147
  • Shutdown.jpg
    Shutdown.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 186
Reaction score
Hi Sempiro,

I don't think it is possible as the blue screens you see are at the "root" level of the OS and not the user level!. The desktop settings you make with colour etc will not change when you set the accent colours will not affect the boot screen afaik!. :(

Reaction score
Hi Sempiro,

I don't think it is possible as the blue screens you see are at the "root" level of the OS and not the user level!. The desktop settings you make with colour etc will not change when you set the accent colours will not affect the boot screen afaik!. :(

Not sure if you are trying to troll me, since it is indeed possible. Did exactly that on my work PC:

Gray Power Off instead of Blue after changing Accent color.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure if you are trying to troll me
Hi Sempiro,

of course I am not, if you think someone on this forum with over 5000 posts is a troll, well what can I say?. If you say it can be done, then I am sure you are right, I have just never heard of it myself?.

It might depend on what version of Win 10 you are using but I really don't know. :(

Reaction score
When mentioning "my work PC" it is important to know whether it's the Pro or Enterprise edition of Windows. Also important to know is if there is an IT department and if those techs have modified Windows or even allow modifying Windows, after all the company owns those machines and can set up as desired.

Reaction score
When mentioning "my work PC" it is important to know whether it's the Pro or Enterprise edition of Windows. Also important to know is if there is an IT department and if those techs have modified Windows or even allow modifying Windows, after all the company owns those machines and can set up as desired.
It is a PRO version, not Enterprise and yes, modifications are allowed, no IT department.

Reaction score
On your work PC, what version of Win 10 is installed, current version is 2009 (20H2), you said you did it but maybe a change in system files (an update/upgrade) may have caused it to stop working?. ;)

Reaction score
On your work PC, what version of Win 10 is installed, current version is 2009 (20H2), you said you did it but maybe a change in system files (an update/upgrade) may have caused it to stop working?. ;)
Hi. Yeah, the same version 20H2

Ask a Question