Restart and update or not?

Reaction score
Having had trouble with the October update- caused PC to freeze on attempting to boot- I was able eventually to remove the last update - (I didn't note the number). The computer loaded correctly, but is now suggesting that it should update and shutdown/restart. Having had the difficulty with the October update, I assume that it will be the same one as before and it will cause the same problems. Am I right, what is the best solution? Do I update or not??

Reaction score
Since the updates are cumulative, you are going to install parts or all of the October update anyway. However, there may be corrections in the updates since then. Bottom line is that you basically have a 50/50 chance of running into the same problems again. The decision is yours at the end...

Reaction score
Hi Jampit,

are you running the latest version of Win 10? (Currently version 2009). :) To check what version you have, press the Windows logo key + r then type "winver". :cool:

1605165694308.png

See also:

Ask a Question