How To Solve "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart we will restart it for you. Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE" - Windows 10.

Reaction score
Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart we will restart it for you. Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

I have tried many solutions to this problem and my hard disk seems not to boot. I don't want to format it. I want to gain access once more, get my files then format it afterwards. Can i get files to override local disk C: ? This is the partition that has windows 10 installed.

I am changing boot device to the hard disk that has issues when the pc is starting. I have the hard disk connected to my laptop externally. I will put it back once its fixed.

I have attached video link showing this error.

Reaction score
A photograph or screen shot that we could enlarge would be better for reading but I would have to consider the two red marks on drives or partitions could be an issue.

As for the external drive, I've had success only with Linux that have a feature for creating Bootable USB thumb drives, never with Windows as I could never get it to install on any external drive.

Reaction score
Just a guess, but the fact that the C drive is almost full may cause boot issues. I would think 32 gb free would be enough though. It certainly could cause instability.

Reaction score
Having experienced the issue with some later Version Upgrades and a 32GB drive I'd recommend nothing less than 64GB and preferably larger. Using USB drives for the needed extra storage wasn't available but the 11" Notebook is working happily with Linux Mint on it.

Ask a Question