Printer Installation problem

Reaction score
I had an Epson XP-530 printer which would not resolve its problem (error code 213:11...Epson tech knowledge ability)
So after countless hours and not fixing it I decided to buy a new model, an Epson XP-440.
These printers are rather bottom line printers and not expensive, reason why I bought a new one.
After installing the Epson XP-440 I received the same error code (213:11).
I called the Epson help line and they "seemed" to have resolved the issue.
Now today (a day later) I again cannot print anything. Once in a while I can print a test page but that is all. Afterwards nothing prints. There is a "connecting" sound to the printer when I select an item to be printed (as if acknowledging a connection between computer and printer) but then the printer stops.
Function operate on a Wireless Wi-FI settings and they are set properly.

I fear there may be an issue with Windows 10 and not with the Epson software. (Why would this happen on an old printer and then again on a brand new one?)
Is there a bug or virus out there that would attack printers functions with Windows 10?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Ron Chenier

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I called the Epson help line and they "seemed" to have resolved the issue.
Did they explain to you what the problem "seemed" to have been and what steps they took to resolve the problem?
Have you contacted them again to see if they can help further with the reoccurrence?

I have an Epson WF printer unfortunately neither of those two models and I can't seem to find any reference to the particular error code through Epson.
Do you have the full software / driver package installed and have you ran the Software Updater to check for any updates including anything related to firmware. They're generally pretty good about releasing packages.

Reaction score
Did they explain to you what the problem "seemed" to have been and what steps they took to resolve the problem?
Have you contacted them again to see if they can help further with the reoccurrence?

I have an Epson WF printer unfortunately neither of those two models and I can't seem to find any reference to the particular error code through Epson.
Do you have the full software / driver package installed and have you ran the Software Updater to check for any updates including anything related to firmware. They're generally pretty good about releasing packages.

Hi Trouble,
I guess I have to say yes to all of your questions. Epson tech put me through almost every scenario trouble shooting my problem, ensuring I had all updates and current drivers. I was even put through the Command Prompt routines to do deeper fixes. At the time they asked to me print various selections, from emails to .jpg photos to doc files. At the time they printed with no problems, making me feel as though the problem was rectified. But, today it was back to square one. So this was why I came to Windows 10 Forum to try to find out if there were issues with Windows 10 and printer installations. Such as a bug or virus... perhaps. So far no one has confirmed this for me.
I will go back to Epson once I can confirm my query in this Forum.

Thanks for your help,
Ron Chenier

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There is a "connecting" sound to the printer when I select an item to be printed (as if acknowledging a connection between computer and printer) but then the printer stops.
Function operate on a Wireless Wi-FI settings and they are set properly.
IF I understand the above.....
You are using the printer wirelessly as a network printer....
Can you, in the interest of testing further, try plugging it into a USB port (assuming it either came with or you have a USB printer cable).
Windows 10 will likely auto-install another instance of the same printer only this one with probably have USB 0001 as the port if you look at the properties.
It'd be nice to determine if it was a connection issue rather that a printer or Windows 10 issue.

As far as a bug??? None that I'm aware of although networking in general can be a bit sketchy sometimes and wireless networking can complicate matters further
As far as a virus??? Again nothing that I've heard about relating to the print service on Windows 10, but..... It seems like there's always something new that comes along.
I would expect a virus or any malware product to be a little more robust and exhibit additional symptoms across the system something only targeting the print system would, I think, be very rare.

Ask a Question