Processor/Memory Access stutter

Reaction score
As I typed the title, the cursor stopped at the letter A then caught up. MMMMoving the mouse the cursor stalled then made it to this text area. This is an example of what I am experiencing, including all the M's above.

At random, the system will "pause" or "stutter" and then "catch up" drives me insane. While playing a game, it seems to be ok, but general usage (browser, visual studio, sql, outlook) it suffers from the stutters. Happened about 20 times while typing to get this far.

What I have tried:
Turn off avast
New batteries in keyboard and mouse
reboot
system update through windows update

My system is never over 10% cpu and 30% ram usage for anythinnnng do. (<-- see the n's)

System: Intel Cor i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40 ghz 3.70 ghz
32.0 GB ram
Windows 10
Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
1TB SSD

Ready to toss out window.... thoughts?

Reaction score
As I typed the title, the cursor stopped at the letter A then caught up. MMMMoving the mouse the cursor stalled then made it to this text area. This is an example of what I am experiencing, including all the M's above.

At random, the system will "pause" or "stutter" and then "catch up" drives me insane. While playing a game, it seems to be ok, but general usage (browser, visual studio, sql, outlook) it suffers from the stutters. Happened about 20 times while typing to get this far.

What I have tried:
Turn off avast
New batteries in keyboard and mouse
reboot
system update through windows update

My system is never over 10% cpu and 30% ram usage for anythinnnng do. (<-- see the n's)

System: Intel Cor i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40 ghz 3.70 ghz
32.0 GB ram
Windows 10
Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
1TB SSD

Ready to toss out window.... thoughts?

I found this guide.

Try it :)

https://usefulpcguide.com/18428/system-and-compressed-memory-high-cpu/

Ask a Question