"Program not responding" for about 3 minutes.

avz

Reaction score
Hi, I'll appreciate your help. lately, I ran into a problem. when I'm trying to add an attachment to an Email message or open a file from a DOK the program stalls for about three minutes, announcing "program not responding" and after that period of time it resumes. the os is windows10, of course. it's quite annoying and I hope that there is a cure for it (beside formatting).

Reaction score
What is a DOK? A Search of the Web gives me nothing to work with. The speed of adding attachments or opening files can be dependent upon where they are located, external drives are affected by whether USB 2 or USB 3 and all parts are rated the same such as USB port and cables. I use USB-attached Drive Docks and note the speed issue, one is USB 3 and another is USB 2 on different computers.

avz

Reaction score
What is a DOK? A Search of the Web gives me nothing to work with. The speed of adding attachments or opening files can be dependent upon where they are located, external drives are affected by whether USB 2 or USB 3 and all parts are rated the same such as USB port and cables. I use USB-attached Drive Docks and note the speed issue, one is USB 3 and another is USB 2 on different computers.
Thanx for the swift response. DOK- Disk On Key (flash drive usb). as per your remark regarding the speed issue, I used to do the same procedure for quite a long time, under the same conditions and the problem didn't existed. as I've mentioned, it's the same when I'm trying to open a file from a folder on the hard drive, not only from the usb flash drive.

Reaction score
I'd go to a Command Prompt, may have to do it with Admin rights, and run sfc /scannow, see if there are corrupted files. I've had success in the past with some slowness issues by running CCleaner [originally CrapCleaner] to clean things up but if not careful one can cause issues.

Ask a Question