Unwanted startup program

Reaction score
I have a program on my laptop which insists on running each time the laptop boots up. It hogs the whole system until it is loaded. I can then close the program and all if well until the next boot.
I can find nothing in the program to shut this action off, nothing to turn the action on, and certainly never initiated it running on boot up.
There must be something somewhere in the system that initiates this action but I have no idea what to look for nor where to look.
Any thoughts?
(Yes, I do want the program but I don't want it starting on its own.)

Reaction score
I usually use CCleaner to remove unwanted startups. It allows for disabling or deleting. I usually delete the entry. It doesn't effect the application. It continues to operate normally.

Reaction score
You also can open the Task manager and click on the {startup} Tab. There you can enable or disable programs that you do not want to start on boot up. I have to do it every time my Garmin app is updated

Reaction score
What yu are looking for in windows 10:

Settings - Apps - Start. (over on the left.)

Ask a Question