Projecting to/from Windows 10 PC fails

Reaction score
I used to be able project my screen from/to my Surface Pro 4, but I'm unable to do so anymore.

Configuration:
PC #1: Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro Build 1703; Intel i5, 8 GB
PC #2: Lenovo T450, Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1703; Intel i5, 8 GB

Connected to same Ethernet network (same segment), same user logged in.
Settings: Available Everywhere, First Time Only, Require PIN for pairing (Off), This PC can be discovered for projection ... (both on or off).

I used to be able to project both ways - to the Surface Pro and from the Surface Pro 4. Somewhere along the way, both directions stopped working. I install updates on a regular basis.

(Possible hint: Continuum from Windows 10 Windows 10 phone has also stopped working to both PCs).

Reaction score
AFAIK the projecting thing seems to require specific display drivers and wifi devices/drivers.

My laptop with Intel video and Intel wifi device running latest Insider build projects happily to my TV ( with the Microsoft WiFi display adapter) and to my desktop W10 home 1703 with Nvidia video and Netgear wifi dongle. But the desktop just tells me that it cannot project: Dxdiag says that the graphics driver does not support Miracast...no other details.

Ask a Question