Projecting to/from Windows 10 PC fails

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Subhashish Mitra, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Subhashish Mitra

Subhashish Mitra

I used to be able project my screen from/to my Surface Pro 4, but I'm unable to do so anymore.

Configuration:
    PC #1: Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro Build 1703; Intel i5, 8 GB
    PC #2: Lenovo T450, Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1703; Intel i5, 8 GB

Connected to same Ethernet network (same segment), same user logged in.
    Settings: Available Everywhere, First Time Only, Require PIN for pairing (Off), This PC can be discovered for projection ... (both on or off).

I used to be able to project both ways - to the Surface Pro and from the Surface Pro 4. Somewhere along the way, both directions stopped working. I install updates on a regular basis.

(Possible hint: Continuum from Windows 10 Windows 10 phone has also stopped working to both PCs).

Subhashish Mitra, Sep 12, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Subhashish Mitra

Tim Locke

AFAIK the projecting thing seems to require specific display drivers and wifi devices/drivers.

My laptop with Intel video and Intel wifi device running latest Insider build projects happily to my TV ( with the Microsoft WiFi display adapter) and to my desktop W10 home 1703 with Nvidia video and Netgear wifi dongle. But the desktop just tells me that it cannot project: Dxdiag says that the graphics driver does not support Miracast...no other details.

Tim Locke, Sep 12, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question