Quarter of a Century

Reaction score
I thought I had acquired a computer with MS-DOS 6 and WIndows 3.1 but it only lasted through 2 bootups before failing on the third. Hard to find a replacement HDD that small.

Reaction score
she had a hard time going from 7 to 8.1 and don't want to go through all that again. LOL

Reaction score
Windows 98 SE is what I started with.

Windows 2000 Professional was great.

Windows XP Home and Professional was the best Windows OS ever and still has it's place offline in my world. :)

Windows Vista and Windows 7 were OK and I had no major problems with them.

Windows 8.0 / Windows 8.1 really didn't care for and never could get into or used to.

Windows 10 is OK however don't like some things about but it's free and ya can't complain about free.

Reaction score
Oh boy, thanks for that, another reminder that I'm old. Thanks to Microsoft I can now remember most of the 60's, Great times.... I think, but can't remember which version of Windows I started with.

Reaction score
My first in '92 was MS-DOS 5 with Windows 3.1 and WordPerfect for Windows 5.1 running on it, still have the floppies for them.

Ask a Question