SOLVED R. Click Desktop takes 15 seconds to appear

Reaction score
In Win7 a R. click on the desktop screen would instantly yield a result (View, Sort, Refresh etc.) but in Win10 it takes a full 15 seconds. Is it just this way for me or do others have this result?

Reaction score
Troubleshooting suggestions :

1. Run a full virus scan to make sure the machine is clean. I use Malwarebytes (free edition). It is one of the best, if not the best, in the business.

2. Do a disk defrag. Most will tell you to use the native Disk Defrag.
I don't. I use Auslogics.
Use whatever program you prefer.
Disk defrag is to improve performance by reuniting fragmented files so that the computer will run more efficiently.

3. Do a disk cleanup. Again Windows has its own Disk Cleanup application.
I, on the other hand, use Ccleaner.
Disk cleanup is to help you free up disk space by removing obsolete files such as temporary internet files etc etc etc.

4. Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833
If system file check says corrupt files found but unable to repair, use this method...........
Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy and paste this command.........
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
press Enter key.
It will tak quite some time. When it finishes, it will give you a report.

*** In the reply above, I included some programs I myself use. It is by no means intended to make you use them. Just showing you my choice. That's all. ***

Last edited:
Reaction score
No problems on my laptop, it comes up instantly as it used to on windows 8.1. But I have no idea why it should be slow. Although it can slow if the computer is very busy. try task manager and see if anything else is running at the same time.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will update if the problem gets repaired. I have no other issues with my pc; it is fast as greased lightening otherwise.

Reaction score
OK, I ran the sys file check and it says "the restore operation completed successfully" "The operation completed successfully"
Now I will do cleanup etc.

Reaction score
it says "the restore operation completed successfully" "The operation completed successfully"

huh ?
System file check does not say that at the end. It sounds like you had done a system restore, not system file check.
Were you using the link I gave you for doing system file check ?

Oh, sorry. You are right. My mistake. I am in the middle of reinstalling my computer and my mind is a little muddy.
You did the dism restorehealth and that was the report you got.
OK. No problem.

Reaction score
I use ccleaner and the defraging is done automatically by default although the hard drive is solid state and I am doing a full virus scan now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am running the virus scan now but I doubt that is the problem. That is the only thing running bari other than the browser and It takes 15 seconds to load that screen with or without it running.

Ask a Question