RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 reports in event viewer - hardware or software?

Reaction score
Hi. So first my pc.

My rams are Kingston Hyperx 16gb 2x8 DDR4, 6700K,Asus Z170-P, SSD Crucial Bx100 256GB and Windows 10.

Everytime i am opening some application which is fine and opening. But on event viewer i get : RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 errors. Applications are opening fine but windows 10 reporting this as RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 in event viewer.
If games not crashes and i have that logs in event viewer do something, or leave it alone?

I have that radar errors in event viewer almost everytime when i am opening some game or benchmark , thats all. But not crashing.

Example from BlackOps3:

rrr.jpg

Like i said i dont have crashes , but only that warnings on event viewer. Thats all. Should i worry? Something with rams?Somebody said to me that maybe something with rams.

Should i check memtest86 or that will be waste of time?

Reaction score
Reaction score
sew333
A blue "i" on a white field on a device resource in Computer properties indicates that the Use Automatic Settings feature is not selected for the device and that the resource was manually selected.
Note that this does not indicate a problem or disabled state.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/133240

You may want to check into this suggestion.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc735588(v=ws.10).aspx
Can you explain me ? In my situation is this software or hardware related ?

Reaction score
Yes but why sometimes GTA V.exe, 3dmark.exe ,not only Black Ops 3,and other apps trigger that entry in event manager. ??

Somebody said to me that this can be caused by faulty hardware,like bad rams, bad ram slot, bad mobo, bad cpu controller. It can be true?

What is your opinion?

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about is if the games are working as designed.Yes they are activating the event monitor which is merely informative, and may not impact performance. If you think it's a memory problem open up the PC and make sure the modules are seated firmly in their sockets and locked. I the locking tabs are not secure the modules can creep out of their sockets due to thermal cycling that causes expansion / contraction. I would think during hi end gaming sessions the memory modules are under great stress.Try monitoring using Resource monitor you can monitor your CPU, Disk, and Memory in real time.

An article worthy of reading:
http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-high-ram-cpu-memory-usage-after-windows-10-update.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
I check memtest86 for 6 hours and no errors. So i think memory is ok then? And this is software issue? what you think or something other with hardware?

Reaction score
I'm not a gamer and I'm out of ideas. The information is informative, yes there may be some compatibility issues, If it's not affecting your games, I would say be patient and see what the final Windows 10 release brings. I'm sure MS are aware of issues that gamers have reported.

Reaction score
Compatiblity issue? Hmm but my memory are on list compatibility with my mobo , also no errors in memtest86. Weird . Maybe its something with motherboard?

Ask a Question