Vodafone Red Dongal Win 10 reports needs further installation.

Reaction score
My Vodafone red dongal stopped working yesterday on Win 10. I installed latest drivers today and the Win 10 network connections dialog reports in properties that it needs further installation. I can see the blue light, the pin is OK and there is a cellular connection. The Vodafone app says no device. What next, thanks.

Reaction score
My Vodafone red dongal stopped working yesterday on Win 10. I installed latest drivers today and the Win 10 network connections dialog reports in properties that it needs further installation. I can see the blue light, the pin is OK and there is a cellular connection. The Vodafone app says no device. What next, thanks.
Self reply for comment. It seems that Win 10 has somehow connected to the red USB dongal and the Vodafone Mobile Broadband app is not used all of a sudden. I connected via cellular settings in Network and Internet.
I don't yet see the data usage as the old app displayed, which would be nice.
Please comment!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello David and welcome to the forum.
I admit I don't know anything about Vodafone, but I've been looking around and noticed
I can see you’re using Windows 10 which isn’t currently supported.
From someone named Jenny, apparently on the "Tech Team", whatever that might mean.
SOURCE: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Data-on-the-go/K4203-Z-Windows-10/td-p/2424613

I was just wondering if the Data Sense App within Windows 10 might provide the information regarding your usage.
Supposedly if your connection is configured (defined) and recognized as metered / cellular then you should be able to inspect the usage.

Ask a Question