Random processes eating away at ram and cpu

Reaction score
My ram and cpu are really slow and old so I need their full attention to do what I want to do.
For some reason when I open task manager, there is an absolute boatload of tasks under the name service host eating away at my CPU and ram along with antimalware service executable.
Iv'e tried to end their tasks and disable them many times but yet my ram still suffers :(.
Any advice?

Reaction score
My ram and cpu are really slow and old
Unfortunately our desire to run programs can be greatly affected by the age of the hardware, usually the only solution is to Upgrade the equipment. I recently checked with www.crucial.com for RAM to Upgrade an older computer only to find the proper modules were no longer available, a check at Kingston found the same thing, basically when that happens there are no other choices to improve the operation other than buying new. Even if RAM modules were available older computers usually have a limit on how much they can work with, maybe 4GB when 8GB or more would be a big help but the motherboard limit can't otherwise be overcome. It's fairly common knowledge that regardless of Windows requiring a minimum amount of RAM [1GB for the x86 and 2GB for the x64] doubling or more that amount makes for much better performance.

Ask a Question