RDP Access Denied when trying to log in remotely

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got a laptop with Windows 10 Home installed.

I want to allow RDP on the laptop so I installed RDPWrap.

When I try to run RDPCheck I get to the logon screen and after entering my password I get Access Denied.

I tried to do the same from a tablet with the same results.

I have port forwarded port 3389 which is the common port for RDP.

Does RDPWrap work for Windows 10 Home or do I need Windows 10 PRO?

Also, if I can use RDPWrap, can multiple users log onto the remote computer and access a specific application at the same time?

Thanks for any help given.

magicscreen

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I want to allow RDP on the laptop so I installed RDPWrap.
I have no idea what RDPWrap is or how it works, but.....
Typically, when authenticating to a Windows 10 machine (Pro or above) it will only support logins as a member of the local administrators group by default, unless otherwise determined by adding other users as members of the Remote Desktop Users Group.
So if you are getting "access denied", then that would be the first place I would look.
As I said, I don't have any idea how your particular, third party program might be configured to deal with something like that, if at all as Windows 10 Home is not intended to support incoming RDP connections.

EDIT:
I have port forwarded port 3389 which is the common port for RDP.
Port forwarding through your router is only necessary if you are attempting a connection from outside the LAN through the router's NAT, although there maybe local software firewall considerations for that port and protocol, if it (the software) does not automatically set a software firewall rule or condition to allow it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question