Read-aloud for mixed language documents

Reaction score
I have been finding some way to read aloud a document where Japanese and English are mixed. I found TTS chooses a language on the first character in a line. Does someone know how to switch between the two languages in the same line? I will be so much better when I prepare lecture notes for visually handicapped audience.

Reaction score
Hi Kamae,

take a look at the narrator pages for more info, I assume you must also have the various language packs pre-installed?. :)

Reaction score
Wolfie

Thank you for the suggestion. I read the Guide and tested how Narrator will read a Word file written in Japanese with a few lines of English. I have installed 2 languages, Japanese and English. Narrator keeps one language and would not switch to the other.

The read-aloud button imbedded in Word chooses TTS on the first character of each line. Narrator would not.

So the imbedded read-aloud does better as far as reading a multi-lingual document. Unfortunately not good enough for my purpose.

Can a Word user access the "hidden code" used to change the TTS voice?

Ask a Question