Recovery Boot Loop

Reaction score
I’ve been having a lot of trouble with my laptop because it is crappy. But a few months ago I tried to do a destructive recovery. Needless to say, it didn’t go very well.
I was trying to fix my computer because I had infested my computer with viruses on accident. When I say infested, I don’t mean I had a few viruses on there, I mean a malwarebytes scan had over 300 results; 107 of them being harmful.
It severely corrupted my recovery partition. I need help booting into the command prompt because when I boot it flashes by the boot options and when it tries to recover, it displays a message saying “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click “OK” to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.”
When the ok button is clicked it restarts, and repeats this process.
Will someone please help me with this.

Reaction score
Please repost with more information, including the manufacturer and model of the problem computer.

Ben

Reaction score
First off remove any drives besides the one you have your OS on.
boot your install media, once the first install windows come up press F10 and Shift this will bring up an Admin command prompt so copy and paste
Diskpart
list disk (there should only be the disk that has your OS on it.)
Select disk 0 or whatever that OS drive is
Clean All
Convert to GPT
Exit
Exit
Shut down notebook
You should download from MCT and create a USB install media
Boot that created USB Media in UEFI mode and installs windows 10 if it asks for a product just say no and continue installing.
Once installed and updated, install your AV and Malware programs I like Norton and Malwarebytes full paid versions.
Go to the manufacture of your notebook website and download all the hardware drivers for your notebook for Windows 10 and any software in the Windows 10 section. Install these drivers and your notebook should settle in nicely. If you can't be bothered to use AV and Malware protection, The Built-in Windows defender will work ok if you allow it and when it tells you a webpage is not safe take that to heart same with downloading anything if you get a warning, take it to heart or you'll end up right back here where you are now.

Ask a Question