Reininstall windows 10

Reaction score
I had to have windows 10 reinstalled at geek squad they backed up the data but i think all my programs and apps have to be reinstalled is there a way i can get all that back my apss my desktop my desktop icon etc files they said the shortcuts are there but i have to put the programs back in how do i do that like Thunderbird my contacts a and such can you help I did transfer some of the stuf to an external hard drive but do not remember how far back it was
also o used acronis and reflect to back up bit i need to put all that back in right

Reaction score
Murf64~

DEPENDING on what you lost in the reformat.

If it was FILES (pictures, text files, etc.) then all you would have to do is... copy or cut and paste them from the external media OR from the folder that they MAY be in now to where you want them on your system.

If it's PROGRAMS OR APPS... I would HIGHLY suggest getting(downloading) the programs or apps DIRECTLY from the manufacturer or provider of the programs or apps ... buy doing it this way you will get the MOST UPDATED version of the program or app rather than a POSSIBLY outdated version from your backups.

Long story short .. YES you SHOULD get the programs all over again and essentially 'start from scratch' .

Best of luck.
~LoneWolf

Ask a Question