Windows file explorer crashing/freezing w/ Preview pane enabled

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have a bunch of users who use the preview pane and it has been completely crashing windows explorer. Need to restart explorer process. One similarity is that they have a lot of PDFs but I’ve switched default pdf apps to see if that was the issue. If I disable the preview pane than file explorer works perfect. Anyone seen anything like this/run into this situation? Any help is much appreciated :).

Reaction score
I've got the same thing going on. The only fix I have so far is to uninstall Adobe Reader/Acrobat. Foxit does not cause this issue...

Reaction score
We are having the same issue. It started happening after we pushed April MS updates but I tired removing it and that didn't help.

Reaction score
Had the same problem. Was random. Always happened after flipping through a bunch of pdf's with preview pane. Just uninstalled Adobe DC and reinstalled DC Pro. Looks good so far. Will let you know.

Reaction score
Was good for a week. Happened again. Restarted the computer. Has been ok for 4 days now. Better than before. Before a restart didn't necessarily fix the problem.

Ask a Question