Enlarge Details View in File Explorer Windows 10

Reaction score
Hi! I've been searching for a solution to enlarge the details view in file explorer in windows for years, there must be a solution, do you know any solution to simply make the text and icons in details view larger/bigger?

Reaction score
Is this a sample of what you mean?
1597085089871.png

It may all depend upon your display/monitor size, Resolution and making adjustments such as 125% or 150%, etc. Since we left the CRT monitors and got into the widescreen models getting the right view has been problematic for folks.

Reaction score
Settings > Ease of Access > Display and either "Make text bigger" or "Make everything bigger".

Open File Explorer > View > Select Large Icons". The drawback there is that you must click on each group and set it accordingly, I cannot find a global setting for large icons.

1597089581447.png

1597090027112.png

Reaction score
If my suggestion in my previous post is not a good solution, there could, of course, be a third party explorer out there that could do it.
Little Later.
Just whistled through and installed the most popular alternatives. None have what you seek.

Last edited:
Reaction score
details view in file explorer is this:
2018-07-28T11.03.36 File Explorer - Details view of test files without showing tags -- publicvoit screenshots - scaled width 630.png

I, and other people on the web too, have been trying to make the text and icons and everything in the part of the window that display the files in details view BIGGER LARGER. Can this be achieved? (please refrain from suggesting unrelated stuff)

Reaction score
Right-click the Desktop, Display Settings, scroll to find Scale and Layout, set as large as the display can handle, varies between different machines and video/graphics adapters/cards, strictly up to the user. The Notebook I'm on now likes 125% but can do 150%.

Reaction score
That tends to be rather difficult to do, the settings can cover a lot of territory at once.

Ask a Question