Increase Line spacing between details text in file explorer

Reaction score
My eyes aren't good, so, I increased the icon size in advanced display settings under display settings- Advanced sizing of text and other items. While that did increase the font size to make it easier for me to see, it also crowded the lines substantially seemingly overlapping the individual lines of the files in the "detail view" and I only use details in viewing because of what I do. Is there a way to increase the line spacing to compensate for that? Or a utility to tweek these types of setting?

Attachments

• IMG_20190325_153450.jpg
    IMG_20190325_153450.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:
Reaction score
Since File Explorer [and the earlier Windows Explorer] is pretty much the core of Windows it's hard to make individual changes in it. I've seen similar and the only thing that worked in that situation was changing the Screen Resolution which in turn changes nearly all display of data, for example use 1024x768 instead of 1280x800. Downside is choosing a resolution that fully fills the screen, some settings won't work with what the screen/monitor and graphics adapter supports. There's also the Ctrl key plus the + or - to make visual size change [Ctrl plus mouse wheel].

Ask a Question